- Driving Theory Test
- ESOL Citizenship
- Short Courses
- Driving Theory Test
- Learn English
- Course Fees
- SELT English Test (A1, A2 & B1)
- 19+ Advanced Learning Loan
- Life in the UK test
- English As a Foreign Language (EFL)
- Health Care Training
BTEC First Award in Business (L2)
What will I learn?
BTEC Firsts Award in Business can help you take your first steps towards a career in the business world. You’ll learn essential skills such as business enterprise, project management, selling and promoting a brand, and financial awareness, from planning to making a profit.
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Award in Business has been designed to provide an engaging and stimulating introduction to the world of business. The activities in the course is to meet the needs of both employers and learners.
The Pearson BTEC Level 2 First Award in Business has been developed in the business sector to:
● encourage personal development of knowledge and skills relevant to the business world through practical participation in a range of vocational business activities
● give learners a wider understanding and appreciation of the broad range of business specialisms through selection of optional specialist units
● encourage learners to develop their people, communication, planning and team working skills by having the opportunity to select from optional units available in the qualification structure
● provide education and training for employees in the business sector
● give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The core units cover the essential knowledge and skills required in the business sector. The optional specialist units, covering branding and promotion, customer service, sales, retail business, recruitment and career development, and business support, provide your centre with the opportunity to develop assignments and activities to meet the needs of both local employers and learners.
In addition to this, the qualification provides opportunities for learners to develop the communication skills needed for working in the business sector, as they progress through the course. This can be achieved through presentations and in discussions where they have the opportunity to express their opinions.
Units that will be covered during the course are:
Unit 1: Enterprise in the Business World
Unit 2: Finance for Business
Unit 3: Promoting a Brand
Unit 4: Principles of Customer Service
Unit 5: Sales and Personal Selling
Unit 6: Introducing Retail Business
Unit 7: Providing Business Support
Unit 8: Recruitment, Selection and Employment